Last weekend for our Church Super Bowl party I decided that I needed to make some brownies (mostly for my intense craving). So of course, I set out to make some – the initial result was okay, but needed some improvement. So one afternoon this past week I made a few adjustments… the result? AMAZING (I cannot stop eating them) brownies.
I also love that these brownies are nut-free and coconut-free. These are perfect for any upcoming school Valentine’s parties. And of course, they’re perfect for any loved ones you plan to celebrate with!
Seriously though – I need to warn you – you won’t be able to just eat one. They’re too good. So now that I have really talked these brownies up, and really tooted my own horn here, I have nothing else to say – BUT go make these brownies! Happy weekend!! 🙂
Chocolate Chip Brownies (Paleo)
Prep: 10-15 min Bake: 22-25 min Yields: 9 large brownies or 16 smaller brownies
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips/chunks (I use Enjoy Life Mega Chunks)
- 1/3 cup plus 1 and 1/2 tbsp palm shortening or butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder (sub tapioca starch)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Mix-Ins: 1/4 cup chocolate chips and/or 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease or line with parchment paper an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a double boiler, add the palm shortening, honey, the 1 cup chocolate chips and vanilla. Allow the chips and palm shortening/butter to melt, stirring occasionally until you have a nice smooth mixture. Remove from the heat at this point.
- While the chocolate chips melt, in a medium to large mixing bowl add the remaining ingredients except for the mix-ins. Whisk until well-combined.
- Once the chocolate mixture is ready (and no longer hot, warm is OK) add it into the remaining ingredients in the mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Fold the mix-ins (chocolate chips and/or nuts) into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish. Bake for 22 to 25 min. The edges should be bouncy, and an inserted toothpick should have just a few crumbs.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing. These are great right away, or can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
ENJOY!!! Happy early Valentine’s Day 🙂
This post does contain affiliate links. If you purchase anything through my Amazon store I receive a small portion of the purchase – which goes to help keep this blog going. Thank you for your support and readership! 🙂