One of my favorite weeknight meals is Spaghetti. It is first of all delicious and fun, but also so quick and easy. It is especially easy if you plan ahead or make pizza the weekend before! I love using leftover Nomato Pizza Sauce for Spaghetti. Mixed with ground beef and sautéed onion it is perfect served over zoodles (zucchini noodles.)
This dish is free of nightshades and grains – but it is perfect to satisfy a tomato pasta craving. I always have to go back for seconds! Enjoy 🙂
Prep: 10-15 min Cook: 15 min Yields: 4 servings
1. Over medium heat in a large sauté pan add the coconut oil or ghee, the chopped onion and ground beef. Stir occasionally until cooked through.
2. While the beef cooks wash and peel the zucchini (it is not necessary to peel the zucchini, but the texture is much more similar to real noodles this way!) Using a spiralizer set with the shredder blade make the zoodles. (You can also julienne the zucchini, but this will take A LOT longer – for $36 a spiralizer is so worth the time you will save!) Set the zoodles aside.
3. Once the beef has finished drain it of the excess liquid. Leaving it in the same sauté pan over low-medium heat and stir in the Nomato Pizza Sauce. Allow to lightly simmer.
4. While the beef mixture simmers, add water and a dash of sea salt to a large stockpot (enough to cover the zoodles you will add) and bring it to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add the zoodles. Boil for 2-3 minutes until beginning to soften (al dente texture.) Drain the noodles, and add the back to the empty pot. Add the olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Mix well.
5. Remove the beef mixture from the heat. Serve over the zoodles.
This meal is wonderful with a mixed green salad and Paleo toast. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links that help support Coconut Contentment.