So the latest staple in the Coatney household – Waffles. They can do anything. Except the dishes – that would be AWESOME. But seriously – they are super versatile. I often make a huge batch on Sundays – enough for a whole week of breakfast or a before dinner snack ;) Easy for grab and go. Perfect for a sandwich. Perfect to hold up a delicious piece of fried chicken. AND OF COURSE – perfect to have on a Saturday morning with the ones you love – all drizzled with maple syrup or honey! And if you’re like me – you love-a some fruit on top! Aww waffles…Champions. So – here are my two FAVORITE ways to have waffles – and following there is a soooooo easy and quick waffle recipe. :) Get those waffle irons heatin folks!
Fresh Strawberry and Coconut Waffles
These are super simple, of course. Simply top a waffle or two (or three) with fresh cut strawberries and coconut flakes.
I love to add a dab of coconut oil and drizzle a bit of maple syrup on top, as well. And of course – any fruit can be placed on waffles!
Breakfast Waffle Sandwich
- Fried eggs
- Avocado or guacamole
- Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
Prepare your fillings – I love just bacon and a fried egg on mine!
Prep: 5 min Cook: 8-10 min Serves: 2-3 (Recipe easily doubled) Ingredients:
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut/almond/dairy milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, palm shortening, or butter
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Optional: 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 1-2 tbsp honey
- Turn your waffle maker on – read the instructions before using if you haven’t! Know your waffle maker – and get to know it better by making lots of waffles.
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender (or stir by hand for a little bit of exercise). Add the honey and vanilla if you want a sweet waffle (ideal for breakfast or brunch).
- Now – cook ’em! Make sure to grease with coconut oil/ghee in between each round. For my little waffle maker – which makes two normal size square waffles – these waffles are normally done in 8-10 minutes.
- Now serve how ya like it! Below are my favorite ways. I highly recommend always adding a bit of melted coconut oil or ghee on top! Just wonderful any way you have them.