This is my favorite meal. Guacamole burger, white sweet potato fries, and collard slaw. If I could eat this every night for the rest of my life…I would celebrate with the greatest thanksgiving EVERY SINGLE TIME. I just love it.
And what makes this particular meal pictured above even better – my husband made it! Man can make a mean burger.
It was so good that I forgot all of the stress of a whole work week in one bite.
What’s even more fun about this dish – the tasty collard slaw my husband invented!
It was so good I just had to snap a pic and share it with you all… :-)
Prep: 20-25min Yields: 4-6 servings
- 1 bunch collard greens
- 2 small to medium carrots
- 3 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the stems from the collards, carefully the slice the collards into 2-3in long strips
- Peel the carrots into ribbons using a vegetable peeler (or shred them) – the goal is to make them really thin
- Mix the dressing, add desired amount (enough to wet it well) – now roll up your sleeves and give that slaw a massage! Squish it real good to make it nice and tender
- Marinate in fridge until ready to serve – the longer the better! Right before serving top with bacon
Serves well with a variety of dishes – can even be used as the base for grilled chicken or steak. Great way to get that calcium in, too!
For more fun things from Mr. Coatney – check out his new blog!And to keep up with all things Coconut Contentment and more…via Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Also fun – A whole year and almost another month for us two!! :-) Loving every minute.