Spring – don’t you just love what it does for your soul? For how it makes you believe there are opportunities for new beginnings. And for how you can see all of God’s creation in its beauty and in its prime.
It brings so much hope, joy, and peace – and laughter. It’s filled with this beautiful reminder of the new life God has given us through the Gospel. Tomorrow on Easter, we will celebrate this.
We will celebrate with worship of course – but also with fellowship with friends and family. And of course, with fellowship often comes meals – which often leads to dessert – lately I love for this dessert to be Brownie Pie. (Warning: You will want to eat the whole thing – I demolished two pieces right after taking pictures in less than a minute.)
So to help you in your celebrating of Easter – here’s my new favorite recipe. I hope you enjoy it 🙂
Brownie Pie (Paleo, Sugar-Free)
Prep: 10 min Cook: 40 min Serves: 6-8
- 10 Medjool pitted dates (if they are not soft and moist soak them in water for 10 min, and drain prior to adding)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup palm shortening, ghee, or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk (sub almond milk or half and half full-fat coconut milk & water)
- Opt: 1-2 tbsp honey or maple syrup (not sugar-free)
- Opt: 2 tbsp Enjoy Life chocolate chips (not sugar-free)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease an 8-in to 9-in pie dish well. (8×8 dish works too)
- Add the first 3 ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender – blend until smooth (wipe down sides if necessary)
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into dish, sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35-40 min.
Keep up with all the exciting news to come on Coconut Contentment via Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.