I experienced such a delightful surprise this past Sunday as I sliced into a purple carrot – the inside was yellow! Just one of the reasons why I love rainbow carrots – the beautiful vibrant colors.
Inspired, I grabbed a bright purple beet. And a few mushrooms (just because I love them) – and decided to give them a roast!
The end-product was an easy, quick, and delicious side dish. Or breakfast :) – one of my new favorites! This recipe can easily be doubled to feed a family of four.
Rosemary Roasted Vegetables
Prep: 5-10 min Cook: 30-40 min Serves: 2
2 medium carrots (rainbow if you have access to them!)
1/2 of a beet
5-6 button mushrooms
1 to 2 tbsp cooking fat
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Clean and scrub your carrots. Cut off the ends, dice into skinny, 3 to 4 inch long wedges
3. Repeat with the beet.
4. Dice mushrooms in half
5. Spread veggies out evenly on a parchment sheet-lined, or greased baking sheet.
6. Sprinkle salt and rosemary on top. Place bits of the cooking fat (or drizzle if you choose to pre-melt) amongst the veggies
7. Roast for 15-20 min, stir. Continue to roast for an additional 15-20 min until beginning to crisp and brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.