Super easy and quick, a snack or dessert, at home or on the go. And of course- delicious and nutritious.
To all those trying to avoid sugar after the holidays- these little Coconut Pecan Bites will be a perfect treat for you.
- 1 packed cup of medjool dates
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 and 1/2 cup Pecans
- 1/2 to 1 cup Shredded Coconut (I used Let’s Do Organic Reduced Fat- it’s got way more crunch than the norm!)
- In a food processor, process the dates, walnuts, coconut oil, sea salt and vanilla extract until smooth. A ball will begin to form- break it apart as you go through each step.
- Add 1 cup of the pecans. Process until it’s evenly distributed in the mixture and in small pieces.
- Add the remaining half cup of pecans, pulse a few times, until just evenly distributed, leaving the pecans in larger pieces.
- Using a 1-in scooper, your hands, or a spoon, form 1 to 2 in. size balls. Place on a parchment paper or other non-stick surface.
- Place your shredded coconut in a small bowl and roll each bite around in the coconut.
- Store in airtight container.