I treasure this mayo. That sounds a little crazy I know – but it’s just that good. For a sugar-free, vinegar-free, nightshade-free girl, this mayo is a meal-saver! I love it in chicken salad, on a burger, as a veggie dip, and right out of the jar on a spoon.
It is super simple, but is packed with fresh flavors. I highly recommend you hop into the kitchen and make you some :) you’ll be glad that you did! And make sure to check below the recipe for my favorite way to make chicken salad.
Cilantro Lime Mayo
Prep: 10 -15 min Yields: 10 ounces
- 1 small avocado
- 1 egg yolk (omit for AIP)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for strict AIP)
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of one lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil (can sub avocado or macadamia nut oil)
- Food Processor or Blender
- In the smaller bowl of your food processor or in your blender, add all of the ingredients except for the olive oil. Process/Blend until smooth.
- Next, with your food processor on or your blender on a medium-high speed, slowly add drops of olive oil. After a minute or so, increase to a slow, steady drizzle. This will allow the mayo to emulsify (meaning become thick creamy goodness.) Once all of the olive oil has been added, process/blend for an additional 15-20 seconds.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. Enjoy :)
For chicken salad, I normally shred a couple chicken breasts, and add 3-5 tbsp of the mayo (until it looks good and moist!) I recommend you also add some chopped jicama or celery, the juice of a lime, cilantro, and for all those that can – a bit if cayenne.
It’s wonderful served alone, in a lettuce wrap, on sandwich bread, or my new fav – Paleo Wraps (which I prefer to buy in bulk through Amazon- much cheaper.)